Bankruptcy | Debt Resolution practice includes advice to lenders, asset reconstruction companies, stressed asset funds, and borrowers in restructuring and refinancing loans and the sale of stressed assets. We also advise several clients which include creditors, respondents/debtors, resolution professionals, liquidators on the corporate insolvency resolution process under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
Our practice includes substantial work pertaining to corporate insolvency which includes:
* Filing and attending matters by financial or operational creditors.
* Advises and represents Debtors.
* Advising domestic and non-domestic companies investing in distressed companies undergoing Resolution process.
* Counselling hedge funds on structuring investments into the stressed asset domain.
* Advising Banks domestic and non-domestic on initialing IBC proceedings.
* Assisting Insolvency professionals in proceedings of a Company under CIRP.
* Litigation including Writ Petitions in the arena of Corporate Insolvency.
Our role has included:
Formulating the strategy on restructuring or recovery for lenders
Filing applications with relevant courts and tribunals.
Preparing claims to be filed with insolvency resolution professionals.
Advising financial creditors, operational creditors, corporate debtors, and insolvency professionals on all aspects.
Preparing and reviewing resolution plans.
Implementation of the resolution plan, including drafting restructuring documentation or documents for any financing required according to the resolution plan.
We work seamlessly with our corporate and disputes practices on such assignments.
Under Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 we are one of the names to be reckoned with in Corporate Bankruptcy Practice. Other than creditors regularly advise and act for Resolution Professional/ Liquidators, Officials of Government Departments, Trade unions.